- Lead a team of designers, developers, writers, and marketers to promote Human Resources information and events.
- Manage all Web sites for the Human Resources department.
- Lead team of web content authors from all units within the larger department.
Work with team to find ways to promote information and events using both traditional and non-traditional marketing approaches. Collaborate with management and team to create a positive, productive, and supportive team culture and work environment. Mentor team on Web design, Web development, user experience, and content strategy. Create and maintain policies and procedures for Web design and development of the Web sites, including best practices and guidelines for success. Create, implement and maintain user experience, information architecture, accessibility, and front-end code for all Web sites. Write and maintain clean, semantic markup for stand along pages and content management system templates. Lead a team of web content authors from all units within the department. Monitor and report on analytics. Execute timely online communications and email campaigns.
- Create complete sets of UX documentation for all products, including Information Architecture, Flow Charts, Interaction Maps, Personas, and Wireframes.
- Create creative compositions and UI elements for all products.
- Create and maintain brand guidelines, style guides, and all brand and UI assets.
Create and design the user experience and user interface of the next generation of products for a successful entertainment startup. Create UX documents, such as information architecture diagrams, interaction maps, and wireframes to show functionality and interactivity. Create UI designs to transform functionality requirements into branded, designed experiences. Work closely with development teams to hand-off UX and UI requirements and quality check results upon completion.
- Created user experience flows and wireframes for a series of affiliate marketing Web sites.
- Wrote and maintained front-end code for Web and mobile Web products.
- Maintained WordPress blogs and marketing Web sites.
Created user experience flows, wireframes and compositions for a bootstrapped startup. Wrote, maintained and debugged front-end code for Web and mobile Web products, including sites specifically designed for iOS devices. Created and executed front-end development guidelines and style guides. Created working documents, functional specifications and project plans to ensure that both design and development are not only in sync, but are also delivering on time. Managed all design-based projects to ensure that designers are working on time and under budget.
- Managed a team of Web and mobile designers responsible for shaping the design of the products and services.
- Overnight increased premium-membership sales by 60% with calculated design changes.
- Created the standards and practices for UI and UX design, including style guides and development guidelines.
Lead design for a series of independently branded GPS–enabled gaming Web sites. Designed and maintained a consistent Web presence across all sites while addressing the unique design challenges of each site. Coordinated and collaborated with team members on matters of graphic and interface design for Web properties. Worked with team members to create, refine and implement new designs for Web sites, marketing campaign Web sites, banner advertisements and other graphical treatments. Ensured cross–browser compatibility, usability and accessibility across all Web properties. Created and maintained design standards, brand books and identity guidelines for the corporation and all Web properties.
- Worked directly with Microsoft employees and managers to create marketing campaigns for products and services.
- Successfully executed all enterprise-level Windows Vista marketing campaign designs.
- Worked on a wide variety of media from Web sites, CD/DVD kits to interactive presentations.
Developed the front–end components of Web applications. Acted as a technical resource for team members by maintaining standards and instructing others in: HTML mark–up authoring, dynamic HTML implementation, site architecture, template design and implementation, development tools, and user experience and interface best practices. Lead implementation of customer graphic design and mark–up and developed supporting documentation including imaging and site guidelines. Worked with team members to research, refine, and create new user experience methodologies and technologies for application in Web development. Instructed employees, clients and contractors in Web graphic production standards and developed supporting documentation and final production check–lists.
- Created a series of programs to help train faculty and staff on Web Design and Development.
- Managed a team of student-employees who worked with university staff in a one-on-one setting for Web Design and Development training.
- Managed most internal and external university Web sites.
Developed the Training and Development department for Loyola University Maryland. Managed a team consisting of staff members and student employees. Responsible for converting Web sites from a static server to a Content Management System and training end users to manage their new sites. Responsible for delivering technical training classes and developing training class curricula. Assisted and met with members of the university to identify training needs and develop training plans and schedules. Responsible for setting the direction for the university’s approach to technical training, Web design and development training, development of training curricula and delivery methods, including published material, Internet–based offerings, and other leading–edge approaches.
- Oversaw the design and development of all university Web sites.
- Decentralized Web maintenance tasks by introducing a content management system to the university.
- Created Web style guides, brand books and templates that could be used to create any type of Web site.
Responsible for ongoing oversight of Web strategy and operations. Developed business plan and annual budget for Web–site functions. Accountable for budget, staff, staff planning, management, and product and service delivery. Oversaw operational activities of the Web sites with specific attention aimed at content creation and Web–site maintenance.
- Worked with a team to design and develop an event management system.
- Created Web sites for university departments.
- Updated and maintained the university’s central Web site.
Modified and created Internet and Intranet content. Reviewed content for accuracy and quality of information. Developed application definitions. Provided direction to writers and individuals responsible for converting text to Internet and Intranet pages. Lead the implementation of new user interfaces. Created page layouts and verified that pages provided optimal level of customer service to end–users.